Hydro power is recognized as the most economic form of renewable energy, and the company is committed to environmentally friendly concepts. Our client provides a wide range of repair, replacement and improvement services to restore dependability and sustainability to hydro power facilities, or to increase capacity and/or efficiency.
Due to growth, we are adding a Proposal Manager who will lead a team of engineers, scheduler, site managers, etc. to develop and present sales proposals based on customer requirements, including sales assessment and planning, vendor negotiation, cost estimates, and final bid preparation. Projects range in size and scope, but routinely span from component assessment, design, and procurement to site installation and commissioning.
The ideal candidate will have proposal writing and leadership experience within hydro, fossil fuel, nuclear or heavy industrial large rotating equipment. Can be located in Charlotte, NC, Spokane, WA or hybrid with travel.
· Attend pre-bid conferences and establish bidding strategies.
· Forecast and report sales projections.
· Address technical and commercial issues related to the bid process.
· Act as a liaison between various departments, subcontractors, and the customer.
· Assure compliance of automation, controls, and protection products to design standards.
· Create and adhere to project schedules and cost evaluations related to bid preparation.
· Evaluate and negotiate commercial terms and conditions for the bid.
· Attend meetings with customers, consultants, subcontractors, and affiliates.
· Perform technical training for customers and employees.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline, or foreign equivalent.
· Experience in the hydropower industry, including commercial, or project management functions and commissioning experience.
· Requires domestic travel, periodically up to 25%
· Comprehensive knowledge of estimating procedures/techniques, and typical construction assemblies, practices, and methods.