A successful real estate private equity firm is looking to add an Accountant to their Asset Management division. The equity firm concentrates on several core asset classes, industrial, retail, medical office, multifamily and other similar conforming product types as well as mixed use projects. The newly created position will report to the Director of Asset Management and will perform various functions focused on reporting to business leaders on the health and wellbeing of all assets.
- Support the portfolio by gathering and analyzing data that will assist with making strategic recommendations regarding acquisition, operations, valuation, disposition, and refinancing options.
- Evaluate and analyze property-level financial performance on a regular basis. Assist Director of Asset Management by providing support and direction to enhance property management deliverables and ensure transparency to ownership on investment health.
- Assist with gathering market data for neighborhood, municipal and competitor data needed to determine optimal rental rates and ancillary pricing; track same using comp grids.
- Monitor tenant payment performance and gather management’s progress to collect or evict.
- Work with Director of Asset Management to monitor trends and create projections for occupancy, NOI and cash flow. Assist with forecasting quarterly capital needs.
- Assist with review of lease contracts, vendor contracts and other impactful documents to ensure best possible outcome for the asset.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Provide lenders, appraisers, and other real-estate partners with documents needed for transactions.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years’ experience in accounting
- Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Strong analytical, quantitative and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, informal, fluid environment with changing priorities.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience in asset management or property management required.
- Proven experience in one or more of the following: Retail, office, industrial, hotel/hospitality, multi-family (affordable and market).