We have an opportunity for a Scheduler based out of our Corona, CA office. The Scheduler will be responsible for the overall development of CPM schedules in collaboration with the Project Management and Estimating teams. In addition, the Scheduler will develop narratives for progress measurement, change management, and analysis of potential delays in order to evaluate and optimize project schedules.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with project managers and/or estimators in the development of CPM schedules for projects and/or pre-bid project evaluations.
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective scheduling management system.
- Coordinate and monitor project timelines and deadlines for CPM schedules and project schedule reports.
- Accommodate updates and changes to project schedules.
- Identify potential project schedule delays or time impact analysis.
- Facilitate and create action items to provide detailed analysis and reports supporting schedule changes, impacts, or delays.
- Assist in the monthly development of project schedule narratives, which describe schedule progress, logic changes, implementation of project changes and detailed explanation of potential impacts or delays.
- Instruct and train project personnel to enhance understanding, development and use of CPM software to create and maintain effective schedules.
- Document project scheduling and maintain records.
- Provide technical assistance to stakeholders internally and externally.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education & Skills
- 3-5 years minimum of related experience in construction scheduling, management, and project controls.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management or related field.
- Knowledge of CPM scheduling and Primavera P6 software – possess the ability to create comprehensive schedules and reports.
- Experience working with public and private clients on highway heavy and civil construction projects in Southern California.
- Understanding and knowledge of contract administration with owner, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Understanding of all construction related field activities, project specifications, applications and interpretation.
- Communicate effectively with project personnel.
- Possess good planning, time management and organizational skills.
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, Outlook and other process skillsets necessary to manage project controls.
- Light travel may be required.