An industry leader in the design and manufacturing of electrical motor controls is looking for a Project Quotations Specialist to join their team in Hernando, MS – just 25 miles south of Memphis. This company specializes in electrical control system design for warehouse and distribution facilities that include robotic integration, PLC programming, and panel fabrication systems for material handling, food and beverage, oil and gas, wastewater, aquaculture, and aggregate industries.
In this position, you will work with engineering and product management to support sales, quotations, marketing, and tech services.
- Evaluate customers’ specifications to prepare quotations to design, build, and ship electrical control panels.
- Collaborate with engineering to accurately prepare quotations for application requirements/specifications prior to submitting to customer.
- Maintain expert level of product and application knowledge.
- Articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Provide design and specification development support to consultants, integrators, and distributors.
- Listen, understand, and convey customer requirements.
- Perform technical/product training for salespeople, estimators, and engineers at customer accounts.
- Assist in the design and development of new products and tools necessary to make customer accounts comfortable and successful at selling motor controls and automation.
- Maintain accurate records of customer accounts, opportunities, quotes, projects, contacts, and correspondence in company-approved databases.
- Provide technical support for sales and supporting staff.
- Support product management and marketing with documentation as needed.
- Resolve customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives.
- Maintain professional business relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Provide status of ongoing proposals and future proposals.
- Identify customer’s needs and sales opportunities to help future growth.
- Excellent written, verbal, and documentation skills.
- Comfortable with fast-moving environment and able to accomplish tasks under deadline pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and/or a combination of education and equivalent experience.
- Must be proficient with AutoCAD or ePlan and familiar with automation and controls documentation practices and standards.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an electrical products industry.
- Knowledge of electrical controls and/or electric motors is required.
- Strong knowledge base of Siemens electrical components and systems is a plus.