Comprehensive integration solutions in all facets of instrumentation and control systems are provided by an established systems integration and engineering firm in the Houston area. They are searching for an experienced Project Manager with Water/Wastewater experience.
From small control panels to large-scale SCADA, Fire Alarm, and Security Systems, this company delivers expertise and resources to get the job done, on time, every time. While the heart of their business has been Control Panel Fabrication and System Integration, their Security & Fire Alarm divisions are already recognized as leaders in providing comprehensive solutions to comply with homeland security and life safety requirements.
Why work here?:
- Thriving business for over 45 years in the Houston area!
- Low travel – mostly within the state of Texas
- Great benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, paid personal leave
- Simple IRA-based retirement plan with matching
- Reviews and comprehends the requirements of a project per the Contract Specifications, Contract Drawings, Contract Addenda, Sales Scope Letter, BOM, and other supporting documents.
- Evaluates all project budgetary categories and propose a plan to come under or meet these limits.
- Develops project schedules in conjunction with the Contractor/Owner’s schedule. Revises schedules as required.
- Meets with the Regional and Applications Managers to select a project team.
- Coordinates and directs Engineering resources on the project development of panels, instrumentation, and submittals.
- Coordinates and directs Production resources on the manufacturing, testing, and shipping of project control panels.
- Meets regularly with the team to coordinate and direct the HMI application software, graphic displays, PLC application software requirements, development, schedules, and implementation.
- Executes projects according to Best Practices and Project Methodology.
- Meets regularly with Regional Manager to establish the scheduling of each project and ensure company labor resources are efficiently utilized.
- Coordinates all project startup activities with the Contractor and project team, which includes scheduling, troubleshooting, and meeting commitments.
- Evaluates project issues and find solutions that are acceptable to all and are also in the best interests of the company.
- Completes all required regular project reporting including Regional Manager updates, Work-in-Progress updates, cash flow and resource labor forecasting.
- Verifies all project completion requirements, including testing, demonstration, punch lists, billing, and documentation have been completed according to the contract and Best Practices.
- Mentors Project Engineers in project execution utilizing Best Practices and Project Methodology.
- Supports all Customers throughout the warranty period.
- Systematically contacts all Customers on a regular basis to offer ongoing support and discuss any current or upcoming opportunities.
- Reports to a Regional Manager. Coordinates project activities and execution with Regional Managers, Project Managers, Engineering, Production, and Field Services.
- A college degree is required with a major in engineering or computer science.
- Previous Project Management experience is essential.
- Water/Wastewater experience preferred
- Good engineering, communications with technical personnel, and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Leadership skills are essential.
- Familiarity with project management, spreadsheet, and word processing applications is required.
- Must also be able to understand and utilize engineering drawings; as well as utilize financial reports and legal documents to conduct business.
- Meets with Sales for project kick-off and budgetary issues.
- 10% Travel to the job sites as well as Engineer and Owner offices is required as part of project management.
- Heavy lifting is not expected. Good manual dexterity is necessary for job site startup activities, as well as the use of common office equipment such as computers, and copiers.
- Candidate requires a good driving record, drug testing, and clear background check
CONTACT WITH OTHERS
- Daily significant interaction with supervisor and other co-workers. General contact with customers, over the phone, email, and in person.