We seek a Project Manager in Phoenix to lead the delivery of water and wastewater engineering services to a variety of clients in Arizona and the Southwest region. Near term assignments in the region could include: business and client development; water and wastewater infrastructure and facilities planning and design; studies and modeling; preparation of engineering reports; support services during construction; and a variety of other related assignments. This is a career position for self-motivated, goal-getter, resourceful individuals interested in managing clients and projects, and individuals interested in developing and advancing their careers in water and wastewater engineering consulting. They will have opportunities for increasing responsibility and advancement within the firm.
- Mentoring staff, providing career guidance, and supporting staff development while adhering to Greeley and Hansen’s core values;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with existing and new clients to understand their needs and to ensure that their expectations are met;
- Technical excellence in planning studies, preliminary designs, final designs, asset management, program management, bid assistance and office services during construction for water and wastewater infrastructure and facilities;
- Managing multiple technical tasks simultaneously to lead teams to complete assignments to the client’s satisfaction while following the contract requirements and maintaining budget and schedule;
- Managing staff assignments and work load to increase efficiency, while helping staff achieve their career objectives;
- Identifying and leading business development pursuits, including positioning and preparation of proposals.
Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering – Master’s degree is desirable.
Experience: Minimum 8 years of experience in engineering consulting; civil/sanitary studies and design with water/wastewater conveyance and treatment focus; and business development.
Certifications: Arizona PE certification required; Nevada, Oklahoma, and Texas PE certifications are desirable.
- Self-starter with ability to participate collaboratively with a team and to lead others;
- Ability to develop, lead, and manage client relationships and demonstrated ability to organize, lead, and execute large projects on budget and schedule;
- Strong communication and technical writing skills;
- Demonstrated experience in project delivery including the management of client expectations, technical team, and financial aspects of projects;
- Strong technical and entrepreneurial competencies as well as a desire to expand existing client relationships and to establish working relationships with new clients;
- Demonstrable commitment for exceeding client expectations by presenting and implementing the best solutions to meet their needs.