The Project Manager is responsible for the execution of OEM (new equipment) contracts for industrial mills, pulverizing and classifying equipment.
This is a hybrid based position, primarily (locally) remote, but with 2-4 days per month in office. Must live within commuting distance of Naperville, IL.
- Responsible for the preparation and correct issuance of contract engineering worksheet after having reviewed the sales proposal, cost model, customer specifications, and other supporting documentation, and resolving any apparent discrepancies.
- Prepares a project execution schedule consistent with the contract agreement, and is responsible for ensuring that all activities continuously support that schedule and the commitments we have made to our customer;
- Reviews and approves requisitions for vendor purchases;
- Ensures the quality and timeliness of submittal of customer support documentation, such as approval drawings, installation drawings and installation, operation, and maintenance manuals;
- Coordinates with engineering, supply chain, applications and other applicable internal teams to meet all specifications, deadlines, and financial aspects of the contract.
- Responsible for monitoring project costs, maintaining and improving margins;
- Serves as primary point of contact for all internal and external communications relating to contracts from order booking through warranty period of equipment.
- Assists and coordinates field support for equipment start-ups.
- Minimal travel required.
- B.S. in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a position involving analytical problem solving.
- Process and operating experience in the field of industrial process machinery applications.
- Review and interpret CAD and technical drawings and customer specifications.
- Should possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and handle multiple contracts and work assignments while still meeting deadlines.