Responsible for managing the day to day operations of a maintenance, repair, and inspection of movable bridges, fixed bridges, culverts, overhead sign structures, high mast lighting and bridge fender systems to ensure the standards of the contract are met in a cost effective, safe and efficient manner. Responsible to increase revenues via organic growth
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide structure, support, administrative systems and methodologies to meet contract obligations in relation to quality, safety, contractor agreements, procurement, cost control, scheduling and estimating management processes and procedures.
- Proactively respond to issues that impact on contract requirements and facilitate solutions in timely manner; share methodologies that will bring about improvements systemically.
- Organize, direct, manage and coordinate the project team members to build teamwork and ensure high Provides leadership and pro-active management and direction for a cohesive and sustainable team environment. Drives the company values and ensures the values are incorporated into the development, management and performance of the team. Seeks to develop employees professionally to include safety, quality, customer service and general business proficiency.
- Comply with Company Risk Management, Quality Assurance and Safety programs, policies, systems and procedures including federal, state and local legislations and statutory.
- Establish and maintain effective relations with the Client and subcontractors
- Oversee planning, estimating, procurement, and financial responsibilities to optimize cost/benefit
- Interfaces with designers, manages regulatory and Fire/Life/Safety approval
- Monitor financial performance, conduct financial analysis and prepare performance information and recommendations for incorporation into the periodic reports to management.
- Monitor contract and project compliance with the company’s policies and procedures in relation to legal, financial, safety and administration matters.
- Provide input into the development, review, negotiation and implementation of subcontractor and supplier agreements in order to gain the best possible return for the contract.
- Establish and report appropriate metrics for measuring contract
- Responsible for the overall safety of all project Promotes a positive safety culture in the work place through personal example and by requiring full compliance of all safety policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with the customer that reflects a partnership approach and demonstrates sound understanding of the customer’s Develops a customer service culture throughout the project. Effectively resolves problems and concerns of the client.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Advanced knowledge of asset management within movable bridges, fixed bridges, culverts, overhead sign structures, high mast lighting and bridge fender systems maintenance, repairs, and operations.
· Experience with project management concepts, related processes, and principles
· Must be able to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
· Must be able to negotiate, coordinate and plan
· The incumbent must possess strong analytical and communication skills.
· A well organized, self-directed individual with the ability to provide strong leadership, possess the ability to manage and organize multiple priorities, maintain a significant customer focus and positive customer service attitude.
· Standard engineering and MS Office software proficiency to include Microsoft word, excel, access and project, in addition to CMMS applications specific to DataStream (MP2) / INFOR (EAM).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (Required)
- Professional Engineering License(Required)
- 5-10 years industry experience; previous facility manage mentor supervisory experience(Required)
- Demonstrated ability with building and maintaining solid client relationships