The Project Manager is responsible for providing leadership to project teams, both internal and external to company, in the planning, design, execution and commissioning for projected related to Anaerobic Digestion, Power to Gas, Waste Fuel Boilers, Flue Gas Treatment projects. Provide support to Business Development & Sales in the preparation of presentations, documentation, Invitation to Bid (ITB) deliverables, etc. Develop and execute project execution plans for complex project types; Front End Engineering and design (FEED), Engineering- Procure (EP) and Engineering-Procure-Construct (EPC) and Build-Own-Operate (BOO).
– “KNOW THE CONTRACT “and manage projects to achieve overall financial and commercial success in meeting strategic and financial goals as well as fulfillment of contractual obligations.
– Perform as liaison to coordinate effective communications, discussions, and negotiations between company and customer ensuring best interest of the company are addressed.
– Act as a primary point of contact for key stakeholders (customers, suppliers, construction, internal, etc.) for project related issues.
– Develop and manage overall proposal/project execution plans including milestone payment schedules, cash flow planning, communications, material procurement, risk analysis and mitigation, resource, etc.
– Evaluate project team performance in a fair and unbiased manner and deliver appropriate guidance and feedback to ensure team performance is optimized
– Review and coordinate activities of the project team, internal and external, to ensure HZI solutions meet or improve upon project goals with regards to cost, schedule, and quality.
– Identify and evaluate improvement opportunities related to cost and/or schedule alternatives, options, and solutions and present clear and concise fact-based recommendations.
– Ensure project execution is compliant with company Standards, Contractual Obligations, and Regulatory Requirements.
– Assist in the coordination and maintenance of core knowledge base for (Anaerobic Digestion, Power to Gas, Waste Fuel Boilers, Flue Gas Treatment, etc.) products as well as adapt and configure established European designs to comply with North American market requirements.
– Provide regular and timely reporting on overall health of project (financial and commercial), performance of project team (internal and external), customer relationship, and outstanding issue that need prompt attention by Senior Management.
– Manage and lead complex discussions and negotiations with key stakeholders (customers, business partners, suppliers, and other departments/disciplines) in order to reach appropriate decisions in a timely manner.
– Support formal studies, briefings, and presentations to key stakeholders (customers, business partners, suppliers, and other departments/disciplines).
– Identify issues (problems, value improvement opportunities) and help clarify areas of complexity during all phases of the project execution.
– Seek ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness for company deliverables.
– Maintain compliance with work instructions, standard practices, policies and procedures.
– Know, Adhere, and enforce company quality standards.
– Successful management of large, complex EPC project(s) valued >$50M USD with focus on delivering projects on time, withing budget and to customer satisfaction.
– Proficiency with MS Office Software Suite.
– Proficient with MS-Project.
– Knowledge of INCO terms
– Project Financial Reporting (Cash Flow Planning, Earned Value Methodology, Key Performance Indicators, etc.)
– Excellent organization skills with the ability to multitask in an environment with changing priorities.
– Excellent communication and interface skills with key stakeholders, both internal and external (customer, suppliers, fabricators) to the organization.
– Excellent computer literacy and knowledge of design and visualization software.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills required for presentations and reports.
– Ability to lead successful teams.
– Work with minimal direct supervision.
– Must facilitate good working relationships with superiors, peers, and direct reports.
– Ability to work as an individual contributor or in a team environment.
– Ability to make sound business decisions
– Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
– Exhibits high degree of initiative.
– Ability to travel both domestically and internationally, sometimes upon short notice.