Position: Project Manager
Reports To: Division Manager
Position Overview: Responsible for planning, scheduling, estimating, employee oversight, and management of multiple industrial construction projects at multiple jobsites up to $10M in value. Assists craft supervision in coordinating activities of workers engaged in construction process, utilizing knowledge of equipment, techniques, procedures and specifications.
- Oversee industrial construction projects from setup to closeout related to the industries that Company serves: energy, power, mining, manufacturing, pharma, etc.
- Responsible for recruiting, managing and leading teams of employees, including Project Engineer, Field Engineer, Superintendent and Foreman.
- Supervises daily work of employees.
- Verifies conformance of finished work product, including overseeing compliance with all contract requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring all safety and environmental requirements are met.
- Coordination of all labor, equipment, and subcontractor resources with Project subordinates and other companies to ensure timely, cost effective completion of project.
- Assures all employees within the team know and follow the company safety and work rules and policies.
- Ensures that all employees within the department receive the proper training required in order for them to operate the machines they will be working on.
- Assigns work and monitors job costs and overall performance, including monthly forecasting.
- Completes written reports of job process, cost and other matters as requested.
- Supports planning of on-the-job training to team members to ensure safety and quality of the work being done. Constantly monitors the job site for safety and quality of the work.
- Work closely with all areas of the operations to create new opportunities for Company.
- Review and provide feedback on overall project schedule, working with Project Engineer to update and distribute to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to produce a cost based estimate for RFP’s that are sent to Company.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Engineering or Construction Management Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the construction of industrial projects.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a Project Manager in any field.
- Experience with HCSS Heavy Job or similar job costing program.
- Experience with P6 or similar scheduling software.
- Experience with Viewpoint or similar account software.
- Experience with Heavy Bid or similar estimating software.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office products.
- Completion of OSHA or equivalent safety training.
- Driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Outside the majority of the time
- Potential exposure to extreme cold and hot temperatures
- Manufacturing, pipeline, and refining environment
- Fit and move in confined spaces including tanks and vessels
- Limited working surfaces
- The use of X-ray machines
- Exposure to noise above 85 decibels and intense odors
- Exposure to areas with limited visibility
- Climbing up and down stairs and ladders to both get in and out of trenches and up to elevated platforms (scaffolding at significant heights)
- Lifting necessary equipment and materials 1-50 pounds, 50% of the time on a monthly basis for required tasks
- Potential or Periodic amounts of time for the following:
- Walking on uneven terrain, with an average of 2 miles per day
- Sit, stoop, crawl, and kneel
- use of respirator if position requires
- Driving if required to travel
- If driving is required, valid driver license and proof of insurability is required. All drivers are subject to a DMV background records search.
- Health Insurance- Up to 80% of the Employee portion paid
- Health Savings Account (HSA) optional enrollment
- Paid Time Off after waiting period
- 401k after 90 days of employment with a company match up to 4% (Employees are 100% vested after 90 day waiting period.)
- Employee paid Dental, Vision, Life and Accident Insurance