This Construction Company is a full-service General Contractor and Construction Manager located in North Nashville, Tennessee, providing general construction services and maintaining the highest quality construction standards.
They have been turning the ideas and dreams of its clients into successful realities since the mid-90’s. The General Contracting, Design-Build, Construction Management and Pre-construction Services experience includes hotels, shopping centers, office space, medical offices, banks, industrial facilities, restaurants, historic buildings, and warehouse space.
They are Licensed in Alabama, Georgia, Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, Tennessee, Colorado and Utah. Their exceptional reputation is built on leadership, creative solutions and teamwork.
Manages daily operations including the project staff and subcontractors. Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
They use Paskr, MS Project & Sage for the project software tools.
• Reviews or assists in reviewing project proposal or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project and available resources to generate estimates & bid.
• Work with management & staff to negotiate contract changes
• Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures as well as contract plans and specifications
• Coordinate or assist with coordination of project activities with Company personnel
• Reviews status reports and modifies schedules or plans as required for review
• Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
• Responsible for and assisting with the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation or the project: including safety, resources, performance, budget, scheduling, equipment management, quality, and risk analysis
• Manages the process to ensure that documented commitments made in the developmental phases of a project are implemented at the proper time
• Reviews and approves vendor pay estimates, material requests and invoices
• Draft, review and approve works and purchase orders
• Attends project status meetings and assists in problem solving efforts
• Work with and be part of the estimating/bid process during project procurement phases
• Assume additional responsibilities as directed by division and corporate management. Travel as required to attend, but not limited to, meetings, site visits, training, etc.
Skills and Abilities
• Commercial Construction Experience (Projects $200K-$25+MM)
• Analytical | Budgeting | Estimating skills
• Scheduling Expertise
• Communication skills
• Negotiating | Contracts experience
• Ability to work well with a small team
• Impeccable organizational skills
• Relationship building experience with owners around the area
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, and would like to apply – email your resume with contact information included to setup an introductory phone call.