Founded in 1970, this company is a full-service manufacturer and supplier of world-class industrial products and engineered systems to a wide range of industries and markets. Their services range from efficient and reliable distribution of products to fully integrated design, manufacturing, and installation of complex process systems. They are looking for a Project Manager to join their wonderful team in Hamden, CT to coordinate with customers and engineering team in regards to project execution, task identification, problem identification and resolution to ensure on-time completion of projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with customers effectively during design/fabrication to ensure it goes smoothly, ensuring customer deadlines are met.
- Support the Engineering department by creating project designs and drawings to customer specifications.
- Mechanical Design (AutoCAD drawings of assemblies and skid weldments).
- Develop processes (P&ID, Functional Logics, Component selection) as a basis for mechanical and electrical designs.
- Project Management (Project review, Assemblies Release/Procurement).
- Equipment Inspection and review
- Functional Equipment/Testing
- Maintain tracking on all projects status/issues/fabrication by staying in constant communication with internal resources to ensure there are no unforeseen delays/issues.
- Resolve project issues that may arise, during or after fabrication as quickly as possible while maintaining a team-oriented outlook.
- Develop system operation manuals for customers as needed.
- Escalate any issues surrounding: completed designs, major design changes, financial decisions, major and/or expensive project additions/changes.
- Achieve project completion deadlines, while communicating effectively with the team and customer
- Research and resolve any system design flaws that are discovered.
- Bachelor’s degree (Mechanical/Chemical Engineering preferred) or relevant work experience
- 2+ years project management experience
- Knowledge of general mechanical and chemical engineering principles, specifically including fluid mechanics, structural, heat transfer, chemical compatibility, and piping systems.
- Familiar with computers/software including MS office package, CAD, 3D modeling, etc.