Well Established Heavy Civil Contractor in Orange County looking for Project Field Engineers
Our Project Field Engineers are responsible for providing technical engineering, cost information and comply with project plans & specifications to ensure construction work complies with all engineering standards. Majority of our projects are heavy civil, public works – Transportation/Bridges, Pipeline, Waste Water Treatment & Water Treatment Plants. A knowledge of applicable standard specifications & plans is needed – Green Book & Caltrans Specifications.
Essential Job Accountabilities
1. Assist with job controls to ensure compliance with contract, budget, schedule, Job cost forecasting, understanding manhour reports and jobsite accounting – cost coding, managing permanent material purchasing.
2. Interpret design/drawings for craft workers installing material to ensure specifications are followed. Develop Work Plans, Concrete Lift Drawings, 3D Piping Plans, Review submittals & shop drawings.
3. Research and recommend resolutions to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interference, and errors, to verify that all completed work complies with applicable codes, drawing and specifications.
4. Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as status reports, punch lists describing work items to be done, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, to supervisor to provide accuracy.
5. Provide technical support and direction regarding project material controls including delivery dates, construction schedules and design requirements to ensure additional costs are minimized.
6. Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work, change orders, and estimates to meet changing job requirements.- (see item 2 above) – Work Plans, Lift Drawings, Pipe Isometrics,…
7. Provide/Understand necessary survey building control lines and elevations for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials to ensure a quality job. Field Layout for various Heavy Civil work.
8. Develop job essential data including quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor costs per man hour, and equipment to ensure accurate estimates and bids.
9. Research historical data and productivity analysis reports in order to compile summary reports to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates.
10. Maintain files of working documents for back-up to estimating figures to support accuracy of bid submission.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field preferred, or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Scheduling (P6, Microsoft
• Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawing and specifications, construction materials and required standards applicable to discipline (Caltrans, GreenBook).
• Ability to perform basic math – geometry & trigonometric calculation either manually or with a calculator.
• Ability to take ownership and assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others.
• Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
• Team player, willing to learn & work with people – not only company employees but also agency inspectors & managers.
• Ability and willingness to understand, implement & educate the Rados’s Code of Conduct throughout the company.
• Valid driver’s license and ability to drive, willing to commute and be on time for work. Our job staff supports our union field crews. At a minimum, our jobsite staff must be on site 1⁄2-hr before start times & 1⁄2-hour after end of shift.