As a Project Engineer, you assist the Project Managers on the jobs, both in the office and field. To accomplish this you will assist with various aspects of estimating and project management work such as project submittals, preparing scope of work, safety compliance, subcontract writing, budget development and oversight, scheduling, analysis, pricing labor and materials, vendor management, change order processing, and document control.
The skill set required to successfully perform the tasks and duties is as follows:
- Managing multiple projects with precision and speed.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines while maintaining focus on quality and process improvement.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Solid written communication skills and strong verbal communication skills.
- Sound economic-thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to make informed and logical decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Engineering Management, Civil Engineering or similar field from accredited College or University; and previous work experience on large Heavy Civil/Heavy Highway projects is preferred.
- 3 – 7 years experience reflecting the knowledge and skills listed above.
- Experience reading blueprints and working with earthmoving, storm drains, sewers and water lines is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in appropriate software programs such as Primavera, Suretrak, etc. CAD tools as needed for the designated project
- Any equivalent combination of acceptable education, training, and experience.
Pay: $90,000-$105,000 per year