$80-100K plus bonus
Our manufacturing client in Minneapolis, MN is looking to hire a Project Engineer. A Project Engineer is to be capable of using his/her ability and background knowledge to design and develop product designs, either as independent projects or as part of larger projects. The Project Engineer has the authority and responsibility for the design, verification, and development of assigned projects and products. Must work and communicate with Engineering personnel, personnel from other divisions and headquarters, potential vendors, academic professionals, marketing, customers, governmental agencies, and other technology providers.
· The Project Engineer has the responsibility for implementing project accountability activities as part of all major projects. These include maintenance of project files for assigned projects, development and maintenance of project timetables, formalized Design Reviews , Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), product cost targets, project financial analysis, and product validation (Test).
· Develop project plans and once approved manage and control the project including reporting status to division staff
· Create design layouts and detail individual parts
· Cross-check design drawings among his/her team
· Design and carry out experiments that scientifically confirm performance, reliability, durability, and serviceability
· Create prototype drawings and monitor prototype fabrication.
· Support and actively promote the active participation of all reports in implementing the project accountability activities mentioned above.
· Work closely with assigned multifunctional teams to develop products
· Perform other duties as responsibilities necessitate
* Bachelors degree in Engineering (BSME preferred
* 4 to 6 years of job related experience
* Formal project management training is required
* PC literate (MS Office, Lotus Notes and Solid Model CAD experience required)
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work effectively through others and be a participative team player
* Pneumatic design experience a plus
* DFM experience a plus