Our client is a leading full-service systems integrator and original equipment manufacturer. Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Project Engineer III to join their team.
Title: Project Engineer III
Location: Sacramento, CA
Overview: Under minimal supervision, plan, direct, and coordinate the design, development and execution of Engineering scope. Plan and conduct work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standards, techniques, procedures, and criteria. Assist/leads the team in the development, design and execution of complete Engineering solutions. This includes specification reviews, development program timelines and reports, design reviews, simple mechanical designs, documentation packages, preproduction builds and transfers to production. Provide technical support of mature products currently in production. Provide technical support on basic, stand alone engineering assignments. Train, direct, and monitor other employee’s projects. Work closely with engineering staff to resolve customer issues and concerns in regards to product capabilities and design.
- Perform routine engineering work requiring application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Assist in the review and approval of contractor plans, including goals and objectives, work breakdown structure, detailed scope descriptions, detailed schedules, risk management approach, and budgets.
- Produce quality work products, which meet or exceed customer expectations, and conform to standards and procedures.
- Clear understanding of project requirements and specifications; scope, budget, schedule and expectations set by the Project Engineer and Project Manager.
- Obtain input from internal sources on jobs that may have similar scope and specifications.
- Provide input to others as requested concerning their project needs.
- Provide technical direction, serve as a point of contact or business liaison, prepare briefings for senior management and assist in problem resolution specific to the program/project.
- Participate in project teams and all activities related to the development of new products.
- Provide technical support to Sales and Marketing for bids and proposals.
- Review standards and guidelines; stay current and apply them; get peers to review work whenever possible.
- Complete task assignments within established budgets and schedules.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE).
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) preferred.
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience in electrical design with current circuit technology and processes (analog, digital and/or high voltage design).
- At least 4 years experience in design and analysis of electrical/electronic systems.
- Extensive knowledge in AutoCAD, computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment.
- Knowledge of electrical engineering design principles and methodologies.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access) and Adobe Acrobat
Pay: Contact recruiter for more information.