Our client is a leading full-service systems integrator and original equipment manufacturer. Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Project Engineer to join their team.
Title: Project Engineer II
Location: Sacramento, CA
Under moderate supervision assist in the design and execution of Engineering scope. This includes specification reviews, development program timelines and reports, design reviews, simple mechanical designs, documentation packages, preproduction builds and transfers to production. Provide technical support of mature electronic products currently in production. Provide entry level technical support on basic, stand-alone engineering assignments under direct supervision. Using prescribed methods,
perform specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
- Perform routine engineering work requiring application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria
- Assist in the review and approval of contractor plans, including goals and objectives, work breakdown structure, detailed scope descriptions, detailed schedules, risk management approach, and budgets
- Produce quality work products, which meet or exceed customer expectations, and conform to standards and procedures
- Clear understanding of project requirements and specifications; scope, budget, schedule and expectations set by the Project Engineer and Project Manager
- Obtain input from internal sources on jobs that may have similar scope and specifications
- Provide input to others as requested concerning their project needs
- Provide technical direction, serves as a point of contact or business liaison, prepares briefings for senior management and assists in problem resolution specific to the program/project
- Participate in project teams and all activities related to the development of new products
- Provide technical support to Sales and Marketing for bids and proposals
- Review standards and guidelines; stay current and apply them; get peers to review work
- Complete task assignments within established budgets and schedules
- Perform other related and associated duties as assigned by the Engineering Manager or Project Engineer
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- 4 years of experience in electrical design with current circuit technology and processes (analog, digital and/or high voltage design)
- 2 years’ experience in design and analysis of electrical/electronic systems
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) preferred
- Knowledge of electrical engineering design principles and methodologies
- Extensive knowledge in AutoCAD, computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment
Pay: Contact recruiter for more information.