Position: Project Engineer
Shift: 1st | Hours: 8AM – 4:30 PM
Type: Full-Time | Mode: Direct Placement & hybrid
Pay Scale: 66-95K | Industry: Manufacturing
Project Engineer Job Description:
Project Engineer is responsible for the development and implementation of new processes, technologies, prototypes and components in clients production units. General project management, coordination and management of specific assignments is required while applying known lean manufacturing, SYNCHRO and quality management tools.
Project Engineer Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop project plans while incorporating both short and long term strategies
- Manage project team activities, communicate changes and progress to team members, and report and escalate to upper management as needed
- Maintain comprehensive project documentation via data and reports to track project progress, perform risk analyses, and monitor work to ensure quality
- Meet productivity standards, complete projects on time and budget, and display commitment to excellence
- Manage multiple projects and project teams, e.g. process improvement projects, investment projects, cost saving projects
- Assist in the implementation of Strategic Production Planning, Product Transfers, Plant Layout, Continuous Process Improvement and Lean Manufacturing following SYNCHRO principles.
- One-to-three years’ previous experience in project management, supply chain, procurement or industrial engineering preferred.
- Must have strong working knowledge of project management, lean manufacturing principles and manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills, ability to work under pressure, strong analytical and conceptual skills, and high self-confidence are a must. Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be organized, flexible, must take initiative and have the ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, is required; SAP knowledge is a plus.
Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Industrial Engineering and/or other business, engineering, or related field, or suitable combination of education and work experience required.