Looking for your next career move?
The client, a growing Waterloo Region based civil engineering firm is a group of dedicated professionals engaged in a broad spectrum of engineering and project management services. With their continued success, they are seeking a Project Engineer, who is energetic to lead and grow the engineering design team.
Why work with this organization:
- Supportive and knowledgeable colleagues will stimulate the growth of your design skills.
- Provides a unique opportunity for an ambitious individual to grow and learn from a wide variety of projects and duties, from concept to creation.
- Known for producing innovative designs and is well-respected by clients and approval authorities.
- Provides in-house as well as external training to support your career plans and personal growth.
- Prides itself by working with our employees to provide opportunities to grow their career goals.
- Paid time off to help you with your work/life balance.
- Paid time off for community work of your choice. 2 hours/month or 1 full day/year.
- Gives back to the community through their involvement in such initiatives as Habitat for Humanity and The Seed.
- Offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and hybrid work.
What you bring to the role:
- 7+ years of experience, of which 3+ years as Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) registered in Ontario.
- Familiar with local design standards (e.g. DGSSMS), MECP guidelines and standards, OPS, and other applicable legislation and standards.
- Have a wide range of project experience is beneficial in this position.
- You are a self-starting, confident individual, with strong technical skills in municipal design and construction, sewer design, roads, and stormwater management.
- Proven experience in design reviews – reviewing and directing the technical aspects of our projects.
- A keen desire to learn and grow in an open learning environment, and willing to wear many hats.
- Exceptional interpersonal and team building skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Proven managerial abilities and good organizational skills.
What will you do:
- Manage all technical aspects of various land development (subdivision and site plan) projects.
- Coordinate technical issues with other project personnel, direct design staff, and work well with our project managers and project administration group to ensure the project exceeds our clients’ expectations.
- Responsible for ensuring project quality and value and provide innovative project solutions in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Challenged to support the organization through business development and networking opportunities.
- Work closely with the Manager, Design Services and Project Managers to improve product quality and streamline internal processes.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada. No sponsorship provided.
- We would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only those who are invited to participate in our recruitment process will be contacted.
My client is an equal opportunity employer and embraces, equity, diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.