- · Responsible for generating and developing documents related to the initiating, planning, executing, monitoring & controlling, and closing of projects.
- · Participates across multiple projects within various portfolios and is expected to take leadership of projects, specific assignments within projects, and portfolios of projects with similar technological or administrative challenges.
- · Familiarity with Lean and participates in projects aiming to reduce waste.
- · Assist the engineering office document and communicate to project stakeholders the status of project related activities.
o Develop project scope and statement of work documents.
o Develop process flow diagrams and P&ID’s and participate in process improvement events
- · Develop functional descriptions, material lists, and specifications for procurement planning.
- · Develop layout drawings for buildings and equipment and secure client approvals prior to execution.
- · Verify compliance of the project with all applicable GMP and sanitary design standards.
- · Review material receiving to ensure conformance with engineering drawings, specifications, estimates, quotes, bid-packages, etc. for accuracy and initiate corrective actions.
- · Review construction in progress to ensure conformance with all safety policies and engineering deliverables and initiate corrective actions.
- · Manage the update and proper classifications of plant drawings.
- · Work on lean initiatives to:
o Participate in or Lead process improvement events including workflow diagrams and descriptions
o Develop process improvement plans and manage their implementation
- · Organize final documents and files during the closing of projects for hand-over to clients.
- · Responsible for securing and documenting clients’ final acceptance of contractor project work.
Environmental, Safety, Quality, and Legal Requirements
· Safety: All applicable OSHA Rules and Regulations and internal safety policies
· Environmental: EPA Ammonia, Storm Water, SPCC, Hazardous Waste, Universal Waste, Title V
· Quality: Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
· Legal: all pertinent Human Resources regulations
Education and/or Experience
· BS degree in Engineering or relevant field.
· 5-10 years of process industry experience required, food and beverage is preferred.
· Experience participating or leading lean events is preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Registrations
· PMP certification is preferred.
· Experience with Lean or SixSigma preferred.