Project Control Engineer – Chemical Industry
Newly created position due to another plant expansion – this facility is growing.
This is a global chemical manufacturer that prides itself on “Creating Tomorrow’s Solutions”. Corporation’s products are so versatile and adaptable, they have virtually unlimited applications just about anywhere imaginable, making the company an integral part of daily life. Whether it’s protecting buildings from the elements, a tube of toothpaste, a cell phone, airbags, or cosmetics, people from all over the world come into contact each day with our products and achievements. We are looking for capable, innovative, and enthusiastic achievers to join our team and grow with us. We are currently seeking a Control Systems Engineer to join our team in Charleston, TN.
The Company is going through its second major expansion in the last 5 years and planning its next expansion!!! Lots of growth potential.
This innovative chemical company makes a vital contribution toward improving the quality of life around the world by developing intelligent solutions for sustainable growth. Their culture focuses on building and retaining diverse and inclusive teams. They offer a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, competitive benefit offerings and beyond through giving back to our communities.
Below are some of the incentives our employees enjoy.
Our world needs ideas! As one of the world’s most research-intensive chemical companies, we have been developing leading solutions for numerous sectors – from construction to photovoltaics and cosmetics to rubber – for over 100 years. We have a global presence with production sites on three continents and about 14,500 employees from 70 nations.
At our site in Charleston, we are currently looking for a Project Controls Engineer to join our growing team.
What you will do:
The Project Controls Engineer (PCE) supports engineering project managers & teams to deliver investment and other technical projects on time and within budget by providing cost and schedule support leadership and expertise. The PCE is responsible to develop and implement processes and tools to manage project costs, schedules and understand risks. This position supports projects throughout the US Region.
Support project cost and schedule topics throughout the project life cycle
• Project workflow, creation, and routing support
o Create projects in SAP for engineering project managers
o Provide guidance to engineering project managers to prepare and route projects for budget funding and/or budget revision
o Guide project team with correct set up for WBS
• Provide guidance and input to project teams for cost and schedule relevant topics
o Instruct project team on correct classification of project activities (investment and/or expense)
o Create and maintain project schedule with the project team input utilizing Primavera P6 or Microsoft Project software’s.
o Facilitate project risk management workshops
o Participate in ongoing project team meetings
o Support and guide project managers with quarterly project financial accruals
o Provide guidance to EPC firms on project controls requirements
o Support and guide project managers with financial close-out of the project
o Participate in project lessons-learned/post-mortem analyses
• Coordinate the collecting, analyzing, and reporting of project cost and schedule information with project teams, communicating project status in these areas and identifying potential problem areas
o Prepare project cost reports – comparing actual costs & commitments to project budgets, updating expenditure forecasts
o Prepares and monitors project schedules including critical activities and event milestones, reporting progress status to stakeholders
o Prepare reports to stakeholders detailing progress, risks, and issues for largest regional investment projects
o Conduct periodic project site visits to monitor project progress, assure project schedule integrity & participate in regular schedule meetings
• Support US Region sites/business divisions with small to large project planning and cost review meetings
• Establish and communicate best practices for cost and schedule topics in the region.
o Develop, maintain, and communicate project controls related procedures and requirements
o Serve as a link to the global project controls engineers & project administration
What we need from you:
• Bachelor’s in Engineering
• Minimum of 4 years project controls or project management experience
• Prefer 8+ years’ experience in project controls focused on cost, schedule, and estimating
• Experience in a manufacturing or EPC environment working with mid to large investment projects
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills – ability to work with individuals, project teams and formal reports to leadership
• Ability to multitask, support multiple projects and topics
• Preferred but not required: PMP, PSP or other similar certification
• Self-directed, able to work independently as well as part of a team – make decisions, exercise good judgement, and prioritize effectively
• Strong influencing without authority – consulting, mentoring and analytical skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Familiarity with business intelligence, reporting and dashboard tools such as Tableau, Lumira are desirable
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of Primavera P6 or Microsoft Project scheduling software
• Very detail orientated – high attention to detail and accuracy
• Adaptable and flexible as business priorities, project scope, schedule, and budget changes
• Ability to travel approximately 10-20% of time depending on project assignments