We are seeking a VB.Net Programmer Analyst for our Houston Texas and surrounding location.
We’ve listed essential functions and duties for this role below:
- We are looking for an experienced VB.Net Software Developer with strong SQL Server skills that would include table creation, indexes, queries, and stored procedures.
- This person should be proficient in all aspects of the application development lifecycle including the analysis, design, programming, unit testing, QA, implementation and evaluation of software and database solutions.
- Respond quickly to production issues, including after hours on-call responsibilities.
- Interface with the Investment Accounting team to gather functional requirements for problem resolution or new enhancements.
- This person should be able to program consistent, best-practice coding solutions that are easily read and maintained.
- Prepare and maintain application documentation for all work done.
- Ensure business processes are maintained in a non-disruptive manner.
- Any experience working with insurance investment portfolio accounting management systems such as Yardi, CAMRA, Precision LM, Bloomberg, Impairment Studio, etc., would be a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in VB.NET software development environments and demonstrated ability in VBSQL development
- Extensive hands-on experience supporting complex vendor packages; implementing upgrade paths, including thorough testing
- Proficient in understanding Transact-SQL
- Strong expertise in SQL Server (table creation, indexes, complex queries, and stored procedures)
- Experience creating SSIS packages
- Experience creating SSRS reports
- Knowledge of investment systems, mortgage and loan systems, and real estate administration systems is a plus
- C# development experience is a plus
Essential Behavioral Attributes:
- Must be self-motivated, team-oriented, and able to operate with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills are essential
- Creativity in proactively developing approaches to problems, recommending actions, and implementing those recommendations
- Be effective and efficient working in a hybrid working environment where team members work a portion of their week in the office and a portion remote.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required