Looking for a professional, yet fun working atmosphere where your voice can be heard? Want to solve challenging problems for local communities by combining engineering and technology?
We are currently seeking a Professional Land Surveyor.
Ideally you have interest in growing into a leadership position.
You will work closely with project managers, team leaders, and clients on all aspects of our surveying services. It is anticipated that this position will be primarily based in the office, although some field work may be required and as it relates to leadership growth and/or as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Work directly with our clients and project managers on survey related projects.
- Gather field data necessary for: boundary surveys / retracement, land divisions, topographic mapping, establishing horizontal and vertical control, right-of-way locations, and utility locations to be used in the preparation of survey maps, and engineering plans / specifications.
- Review and prepare survey plats, CSMs and legal descriptions including property record review and research.
- Utilize and help train surveying field staff on modern survey equipment such as UAVs, scanners, data collectors, robotic total stations and GPS devices. Training will be provided on any equipment the individual is not already familiar with.
- Be proficient with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and Microsoft Office software. The ideal candidate will also be proficient using Trimble Business Center.
- Assist in design plan preparation and preparation of construction staking data for site, street and utility projects.
- Perform office functions including data reduction/computations, digital terrain modeling/surface creation, survey map preparation and quality control.
- Assist the survey team leader with cost estimates, business development, proposals and team communication.
Candidates for this position will possess the following education, experience and/or abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Land Surveying or related field, or associates with experience
- Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) licensure in Wisconsin, or able to attain it.
- 2-3 years of project management experience (ideal, NOT REQUIRED)