Production Supervisor – Night shift
$55-72K plus bonus
Our Wakefield, NE Food Manufacturing client is looking to hire 2 Production Supervisors to their night shift team. The Production Supervisor plans, directs and coordinates the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing food products in accordance with safety, cost, quality and quantity specifications.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- 3 + years of supervisory experience.
- Food manufacturing experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish desired.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English.
Key Responsibilities/Job Duties:
- Produces the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost consistent with good manufacturing practices.
- Provides a safe work environment for all personnel.
- Recognizes and takes steps to resolve operating problems in order to minimize their impact on the operations.
- Requests and directs services of maintenance, sanitation and other personnel as necessary to achieve the desired level and quality of production, sanitation, safety and warehouse services.
- Cooperates with all departments to assure a coordinated work relationship exists at all times.
- Responsible for ingredient usage and all other department costs.
- Keeps accurate and up-to-date records (i.e. timecards, downtime records, absentee records, etc.).
- Enforces company policies in a fair and consistent manner.
- Encourages suggestions from employees which will improve production, quality, safety and/or control costs of production.
- Keeps management informed on operating and/or employee problems, quality, safety and/or control costs of production.
- Maintains consistent communications and monthly department meetings.
- Follows proper SOP’s (Standard Operation Procedures)
- Assumes personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks.