The Production Supervisor is to manage employees and technical resources for Start Up & Testing, to ensure quality products are produced within the customer’s schedule.
Production Supervisor Responsibilities
- Supervise all staff in Start Up & Testing in accordance with client’s policies and principles.
- Responsible for staff scheduling: work assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations and back-up for absent employees. Preparation and execution of personnel development and training plans. Foster and mentor employee development, ensure staff stays abreast with training requirements
- Assists department management in hiring of personnel.
- Ensure product quality and adherence to quality process requirements. Support and instruct employees to maintain quality reporting. Initiate and support corrective action as required. Cooperate with QC-team on calibration for department measurement equipment.
- Lead the team by example, maintain high personal standards of job performance and conduct.
- Conduct employee performance coaching, annual performance reviews and employee merit increases.
- Conduct daily shopfloor management, including reporting of Key Performance Indicators. Plan and review production schedule based on forecast and take necessary action to meet production requirements.
- Develop and improve standards and programs for operational procedures, organizational structure and working practices.
Familiarity with clients Machine technology required. Strong experience in project management and lean methodologies required. Knowledge of SAP or any other MRP system a plus. Strong communication skills and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Must be able to understand and recognize different levels of urgency, be able to prioritize. Must be highly motivated, organized and able to work with minimal supervision. Supervisory experience a plus.