Our Spencer, Iowa food manufacturing client is looking to hire a Production Supervisor to their Night Shift Operations. The Production Supervisor is responsible for providing leadership for plant operations. This individual will work closely with all departments to establish and enforce safe process methods that ensure operational effectiveness and production adherence. The supervisor will champion an environment of respect and responsibility through professional communication, accountability, budget consciousness, team work, quality, safety and productivity.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage, mentor and support production operations and employees.
- Work jointly with maintenance to identify equipment issues, establish day to day operational priorities, improve machine efficiency, managing the priority and completion of work on shift.
- Facilitate production expectations with plant personnel.
- Ensure that processing equipment setups are completed in the timeframe required to meet department expectations and productivity.
- Establish training procedures and processes.
- Provide daily updates to department managers.
- Build a strong working relationship with plant personnel.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information skillfully.
- Create a positive team with the ability to build morale.
- Ability to manage projects by creating workable plans.
- Develop realistic action plans.
- Ability to react well under pressure.
- Leads and guides all Quality and Food Safety policies and procedures, reporting any nonconformity.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED), required
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, manufacturing or similar area preferred.
- Five years’ experience in dairy or food production, manufacturing, industrial process operations or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Three years of supervisory experience.
- Bilingual, preferred.