Production Supervisor – Night Shift
Saint Cloud, MN
Our Saint Cloud, MN client is looking to hire a Production Supervisor for their Night Shift Operations. The Production Supervisor is responsible for providing leadership for plant operations. This individual will work closely with all departments to establish and enforce safe process methods that ensure operational effectiveness and production adherence. The supervisor will champion an environment of respect and responsibility through professional communication, accountability, budget consciousness, team work, quality, safety and productivity.
- Manage, mentor and support production operations and employees.
- Facilitate production expectations with plant personnel; ensuring that goals are met on a day to day, month to month basis.
- Ensure that processing equipment setups are completed in the timeframe required to meet department expectations and productivity.
- Establish training procedures and processes that improve job knowledge.
- Provide daily updates to department managers.
- Build a strong working relationship with plant personnel, providing leadership, teaching, and effective communication methods, that ensure enforcement of company policies and procedures.
- Establish a “zero injury” safety culture and motivate employees to follow safety policies and procedures.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information skillfully.
- Create a positive team with the ability to build morale and group commitments to meet goals and objectives.
- Ability to manage projects by creating workable plans.
- Develop realistic action plans, by prioritizing and planning work activities.
- Include team members in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement. Makes oneself available to employees, providing regular performance feedback, develop subordinates’ skills and encourages growth.
- Ability to react well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions and follows through on commitments.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED), required
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, manufacturing or similar area preferred.
- Five years’ experience in dairy or food production, manufacturing, industrial process operations or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Three years of supervisory experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of SQF, HACCP, GMP’s, OSHA and loss control programs is highly desirable.