The Production Supervisor is responsible for managing plant employees to meet
manufacturing and production schedules. The Production Supervisor provides overall direction to
production floor employees, including production, scheduling, performance management, training and
other related areas, striving to improve overall operational efficiencies during the designated shift.
This role is responsible for coordinating production operations and maintaining effective quality
procedures and safety regulations for the facility.
How you will impact:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the shift with constant emphasis on safety, quality, delivery and cost
- Acts as first point of contact for operators regarding mechanical failure or production issues
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and enforce control procedures, recommending improvements to the Plant Superintendent, as appropriate
- Coordinates production activities with other departments to ensure production goals/objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Monitor production activities to eliminate waste and ensure adherence to production and shipping schedules
- Input production data accurately into system to measure and monitor KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) around efficiencies, downtime, inventory and overall production
- Provide recommendations to improve safety, environmental and health of the entire facility
- Produce daily reports on daily shift production and daily shift review to assess if daily goals are met
- Control load factors and workflow to ensure maximum use of available capacity and effective use of labor, tools and equipment
- Manage and coach employees, providing performance reviews and enforcing disciplinary actions
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training employees, and developing individual growth opportunities
- Directs maintenance employees to troubleshoot mechanical problems and perform
- Enforce adherence to plant safety regulations and encourage employees to become safety conscious
- Ensure daily that plant personnel follow all company standards and meet all customer commitment.
What you need to succeed:
- Converting and/or Corrugator experience is required.
- Coaching team members by providing tools, knowledge, and opportunities for development.
- Evaluating employees’ training needs and continuous development plans.
- Plan, arrange and/or monitor work to ensure achievement of desired results; establishes a systematic course of action to accomplish objectives
- Demonstrating agility, flexibility, and a willingness to achieve desired results by responding quickly to changing demands, processes, and updated information
- Create and deliver engaging presentations to internal and external audiences; develops new communication strategies and approaches to communicate data, insights, and critical messages resulting in clear understanding.
- Proactively assesses and effectively resolves customer issues quickly through communication with customers to ensure alignment and satisfaction; ensures that quality improvements meet the needs and expectations of a diverse customer base; consistently operates with customers’ best interests in mind
- Develop short and long-term courses of action that support the organization’s overall vision and mission; balances business, technical, and operational issues when determining a strategy;
identifies problems with current strategies and suggests ways to resolve them.
- Incorporate knowledge of goals/strategy as well as competitive, customer, supplier, industry, or marketplace trends into strategic plans; capitalizes on opportunities and manages risks
- Plan, design, and manage processes while focusing on refining and improving to increase efficiency and effectiveness; understands process inputs, activities, outputs, roles, and sequencing
- Working knowledge of various software including Microsoft Office, Kronos, AS/400, JDE
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.