The requirements for this position include a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Poultry Science, Animal Science, Agriculture or related discipline plus at least 2 years of related work experience. Specific competence requirements include:
- Must have prior supervisory experience.
- Experience with various industry accepted procedures, including HACCP, SPC, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of plant efficiency as it related to yield, lbs./birds, pmh, line speeds and automatic process equipment.
- Proven track record demonstrating ability to lead people and get results.
- Must be able to organize multiple protocols/projects and complete on schedule.
Responsibilities include the day-to-day supervision of production associates in a poultry processing facility to achieve required production and quality standards in a safe, efficient, and effective manner and for promoting and maintaining positive working relationships within the production group. Specifically, this individual will:
- Train, direct and develop subordinates to meet operating, safety and quality requirements within the department and/or area.
- Supervise production staff to ensure product quality and integrity and ensure all finished product meets or exceeds customer requirements.
- Create and maintain an environment that is conducive to retaining associates through effective and efficient planning, communication and coaching, training and overall direction of the workforce.
- Create and implement, with management approval, new ideas and methods to improve production efficiencies, CSI, QI, Safety scorecard.