Currently, we are looking for a Production Supervisor – 2nd shift based in Johnson City, Tennessee.
Company / Location Information
They are one of the leading manufacturers of water heating and water treatment technologies in the world. They are a $3.5 billion company with 140+ years history of which employ more than 12,000 individuals globally who pride themselves on providing the world with innovative water technology. They are committed to Continuous Improvement, not just in our factories or processes, but in our people.
Responsible for the efficient operation of Manufacturing Department, the direction of the plant work force and the meeting of daily production schedules. Supervises and coordinates activities of Leaders and workers. Verifies correct manufacturing processes are adhered to. Works with other operators, engineers and quality personnel to identify and resolve potential customer issues.
- Interpret and enforce company policies and procedures to Leaders and Operators.
- Responsible for establishing a safe workplace through employee involvement.
- Initiate or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Responsible for completing employee time, absenteeism, and vacation paperwork or systems in a timely manner.
- Develop and promote positive relations with employees through effective communication of company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for coordination and implementation of the cross training program, the manufacturing training program and departmental rotation plans..
- Inspect products to verify conformance to specifications; analyze all non conformances for root cause and implement corrective procedures.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Supervise and direct Leaders to efficiently meet production schedules through the use of available manpower..
- Responsible for completion and utilization of all manufacturing forms and paperwork..
- Responsible for following through on Maintenance issues.
- Responsible for proper care and cleaning of the equipment, following all safety policies and guidelines and maintaining the area’s organization and housekeeping.
- Perform all other duties assigned
- Associates Degree preferred
- 3+ years of related work experience or training
- 1-2+ years of supervisory/leadership experience preferred
- Experience in manufacturing and supervision
- Ability to prepare and interpret various metrics, and reports
- Ability to identify problems and take appropriate corrective measures
- Effective communication skills via written and oral
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.
- Proficient mathematical skills
- Experience within manufacturing, leadership skills, understand basic principles of human resources and manufacturing process, ability to make decisions and the willingness to follow policies and procedures.
- Experience in the water heater, manufacturing industry is preferred.
Competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs and tuition assistance.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a leader in its industry. This is a full-time opportunity. Please submit most recent resume for quick and confidential consideration.