The Production Superintendent will be responsible for plant effectiveness and efficiency for the IQF line on two shifts. Will provide direction, training, coaching to Team Leaders and indirectly to hourly production associates. Responsible for achieving company established goals on production activities. Must provide a safe and secure working environment for all associates utilizing company-approved processes. Promote a positive working relationship with the production and support staff to make the company the employer of choice. Specifically, this position:
- Establishes, measures, and is accountable for departmental operating budgets in a manner to enable the operation to maintain a competitive position in the industry.
- Meets all departmental operational plans, to ensure yield, birds per man hour, pounds per man-hour, line efficiency, CSI, QI, requirements are met.
- Ensures processes are in place to continuously reduce turnover, improve safety results as measured by the Safety Scorecard, and create the environment that will make the facility the Employer of Choice in the area.
- Ensures processes are in place to continually provide training to improve supervisory skills of staff, and improve the skill set of the hourly production associates to maximize the results of individual and team efforts.
- Constantly develops new ideas and methods to improve operational performance and improve product quality and customer reliability.
- Supports and promotes the company’s annual People, Products, and Profitability goals through effective planning, communication, emphasizing the requirement for all team members to be efficient and effective in their respective responsibilities.
- Approximate hours are 10 pm to 9 am Sunday through Thursday
Requirements: A 4-year degree in Poultry Science, Animal Science, Agriculture, Engineering, or related field is preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered plus:
- 8 years of experience in poultry plant management.
- Experience with various industry accepted procedures, including HACCP, SPC, etc., and plant efficiency as it relates to yield, lbs/birds pmh, line speeds, and automatic processing equipment.
- ability to develop protocols and processes and deploy
- ability to organize multiple protocols / projects and complete on schedule.
- a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results
- ability to analyze and resolve problems at both a strategic and functional level.
- ability to supervise and recognize training needs for the operation as well as the associates and the willingness to support those needs and develop associates
- knowledge of and a commitment to Team performance, effective coaching and demonstrated skills of a strong team player.
- ability, knowledge and commitment to put safety of associates above everything else while achieving goals.