**Must Have Experience in complex Manufacturing Facilities**
Production Superintendent Summary:
The Production Superintendent organizes and controls the manufacturing functions of the plant in order to assemble quality products efficiently, on time, and profitably.
Production Superintendent Responsibilities:
The Production Superintendent directs all production activities pertaining to their respective shift. This position has the authority to carry out the basic functions and responsibilities described and supported by the facility’s organizational chart including but not limited to:
- Leading production in timely continuous improvement activities.
- Reporting plant labor operating efficiencies and machine utilization to the management staff.
- Responsible for conducting performance evaluations for the Production Supervisor position.
- Ensuring that standards are met with regard to production, quality, and safety.
- Maintaining a safe work environment, and the general 5S housekeeping activities of the production floor.
- Assisting in evaluating cause and elimination of downtime by directing 8D corrective actions when problems occur that need to be addressed.
- Has the authority to make decisions, along with the Operations Manager, regarding the personnel that assemble products at this facility to include coordinating the staff and scheduling of personnel needed to operate the lines.
- Proactive in resolving problem and/or conflicts.
- Consistently demonstrates a positive management approach and actively participates in various meetings.
- Direct and supervise Team Leaders and all production Team Members to ensure correct, accurate, and timely completion of production and delivery schedules.
- Institute and maintain safe work practices and capability of direction plant emergencies.
- Oversees the training and development of supervisor, Team leaders and Technicians in the sociological and technological aspects of their responsibilities.
- Ensure strict compliance with Quality Control standards and promote the company’s reputation and image as a quality producer.
- Communicate and counsel with all employees to maintain a high level of understanding.
- Manage employees in such a way as to promote and maintain a high level of trust and integrity with all employees.
- Analyze production to determine where improvements may be made, which will contribute to plant profitability.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills.
- Manufacturing experience including several years of supervisory experience.
- Ability to create visual aids for communication purposes.