Production Manager – Night Shift
Our Oshkosh, WI client is hiring a Night Production Manager. The Production Manager has the responsibility of directing the facility to support overall business objectives including managing all aspects of daily production, including inventory accuracy, maintaining sanitation, and assisting the EHS manager with the implementation of the Safety programs and policies. This position will have a flex schedule that will include supporting weekend shifts along with the other Production Manager and Assistant Plant Manager. The Night Shift Production Manager will support and lead with the Night Shift Supervisors.
Key Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Develop key manufacturing plans and programs toward budgeted unit cost and output objectives.
- Coordinate third shift activities of all manufacturing functional areas to assure continuity towards plant goals, communicating priorities as necessary.
- Sustain production capacity that is synchronized with sales volume requirements.
- Maintain and improve the quality of the plant assets, both current and fixed.
- Recruit, develop, coach, lead and motivate personnel, constantly raising the standards of performance.
- Maintain effective communication with proper government agencies where required.
- Develop and implement performance standards for all supervisors maintaining current job descriptions and improvement plans.
- Establish appropriate scheduling and employee work schedules in line with customer orders and plant performance requirements.
- Manage inventory of off-spec materials, including the scheduling and reworking of products as needed.
- Maintain and improve all production Redzone data and keep the OEE system updated. Work with operations, maximizing OEE through World Class, Six Sigma and other appropriate tools.
- Must have the ability to work a night shift schedule (4 ten hour shift with rotating weekend schedule).
- Food/Beverage/Human or Animal Nutrition Industry background.
- Management experience.
- Full Benefits package offered including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K company match program.