This person is a qualified individual and is responsible for the overall coordination of production activities and interfacing with other departments–all shifts.
- Directs and supervises processing and packaging supervisors on all shifts.
- Responsible for meeting established objectives pertaining to production department and controls and minimizes the shift’s overtime labor costs, maintenance/repair costs, and equipment downtime.
- Works with HR for hiring, training and scheduling of work force.
- Fills in for Supervisors to cover vacation/sick time all shifts.
- Coordinates with other department managers to ensure proper purchasing, processing, packaging, accounting and inventory control activities and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring schedule attainment is met on production floor.
- Use modern management techniques to promote team building and to allow decision making at the lowest level.
- Ensures required production reporting is accurate, recorded and in a timely manner.
- Maintains close working relationship with all departments and responds to deviations from standards immediately.
- Provides training, direction, development, evaluation, coaching and leadership to subordinates.
- Owns plant OEE and helps improve on by projects and working with each shift to improve.
- Maintains good employee, corporate and community relations.
- Ensures compliance to quality, food safety, 5S, OSHA and HACCP support programs; assures conformity to all company, customer and government standards.
- Strive to be a safety solutions leader by maintaining the 200% for safety mindset. Participate engagement activities, complete required safety training and aid in identifying hazards within the facility utilizing BBS and Safety Monitor programs.
- Participates in activities related to Marzetti Operational Excellence
- Ensures a disciplined and safe work environment.
- Reviews budgets for production departments.
- Performs other duties / responsibilities as required by Management.
- 5-7 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a food-related
- Working knowledge of scheduling, budgets and production
- Associates degree in business or equivalent experience/training in CIP systems and chemical usage..