Production Manager (job description)
We have partnered with a Global Automotive Tier 1 Supplier to Lead a search for their Project Manager role at their Cincinnati Area Plant
The Production Manager plans, directs, and manages all physical and organizational aspects of production to meet the production requirements of the Company and the needs of the customer as they relate to the department. Ensures the quality and quantity of production.
- Confer with management personnel to establish production and quality control standards, to develop budget and cost controls, and to obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Plan and direct production activities and establish production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations, cost factors and budget.
- Coordinate production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Review and analyze production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications and operating or production problems.
- Develop and implement operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Revise production schedules and priorities as result of equipment failure or operating problems.
- Consult with maintenance and engineering personnel relative to modification of machines and equipment to improve production and quality of products.
- Compile, store, retrieve and analyze production data.
- Overnight travel to customer location may be required to support product related quality issues.
- Manages production supervisors who supervise Team Members in the Production Department.
- Bachelors or Associate degree preferred
- Five plus years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience as a Production or Operations Manager preferred.
- 3 Production Supervisors one on each shift report to this position.
- Desire a leader who can communicate effectively and coach/mentor/develop a team.
- Multi-tasker who can work in a fast-paced automotive environment where trust, respect and communication are paramount.
- Solid troubleshooter and problem solver.
- Looking for candidates with a lean/CI focus as well as data driven/metrics focused.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications–Word, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.