REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred plus at least 3 years of supervisory experience with a significant level of responsibility in poultry production. Significant targeted experience may be considered in lieu of the degree.
- Poultry processing experience is required.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and strong communication skills.
- Ability to work within timelines and in pressure situations.
- Ability to handle multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Organizes and manages daily operational requirements to consistently meet customer expectations through on-the-floor involvement.
- Oversees implementation of employee development programs to ensure company needs are met relative to employee knowledge, training, and development.
- Directly supervises production supervisors, monitors lead, and hourly employees. Advises direct reports on proper handling of disciplinary actions, performance assessments, and overall communication with hourly associates.
- Sets expectations, track results and manages accountability.
- Monitors staffing needs to allow company objectives to be met.
- Ensures a positive environment is maintained to allow for maximum employee involvement through department meetings, open-door policy, team activities, and empowerment.
- Champion for company-wide safety programs and initiatives.