The Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the Product Lifecycle, including gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing, and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager also ensures that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
Objectives of this Role
- Drive the product and business-planning process across cross-functional teams of the company.
- Analyze customer needs, current market trends, and potential partnerships from an ROI and build vs. buy perspective.
- Assess current competitor offerings, seeking opportunities for differentiation.
- Analyze product requirements and develop appropriate programs to ensure they are successful.
- Develop, implement, and maintain production timelines across multiple departments.
- Appraise new product ideas and strategize appropriate go-to-market plans.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Drive the execution of all product lifecycle processes for products, including product research, market research, competitive analysis, planning, positioning, roadmap development, requirements development, and product launch.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements for prototype construction and final product development by engineering teams.
- Create product strategy documents that describe business cases, high-level use cases, technical requirements, revenue, and ROI.
- Analyze market data to develop sales strategies and define product objectives for effective marketing communications plans.
- Collaborate closely with engineering, production, marketing, and sales teams on the development, QA, and release of products and balance of resources to ensure success for the entire organization.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates our client and its features across primary market segments.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, product design or engineering required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong experience in a dynamic product management role
- Proven experience driving all elements of the product development lifecycle.
- Highly effective cross-functional team leadership
- Exceptional writing and editing skills combined with strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Strong background in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Previous high-tech hardware development experience preferred.
- Previous software and web development experience preferred.
- Previous experience delivering finely tuned product marketing strategies preferred.