The Product Manager will manage the complete lifecycle of the products. They will grow the assigned markets by identifying potential products; product innovations; conducting market research; generating product requirements; determining specifications; production timetables; pricing; and integrated plans for product introduction. The position will have input on developing marketing strategies. Manage the technical and business aspects of product lines in order to satisfy our customers’ needs and thereby maximize the revenue and profit generated by those product lines. This position will work with others across the organization including, product managers, brand marketing, IT, engineering, procurement and customer service.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Product Managers will work with departments to optimize product line sales.
- Take ownership and accountability over the entire lifecycle of the product (design, development, testing, deployment, production validation, on-going product and release management).
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples.
- Perform competitive analysis and integrate results into product planning.
- Execute pricing strategy through understanding of market acceptance and competitive landscape while ensuring strong revenue and margins.
- Work with Marketing to develop and execute go-to market strategies for product & program launches, develop product/sales support materials and conduct periodic sales training sessions.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while also meeting required deadlines.
- Responsible for guiding the success of a product and leading the cross-functional team that is responsible for improving it.
- Bridging gaps between different functions within the company and aligning all of the teams involved with a specific product line.
- Conduct Voice of Customer (VoC) activities to support new product design and product development roadmaps.
- Develops product innovations in existing product lines to improve product market position.
- Drives the coordination of strategic targets to improve product and service offerings.
Required Skills and Experience
- BA/BS Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or related to position.
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager in a Manufacturing environment.
- Ability to build strong relationships within multiple areas of the business as well as with the customer.
- Experience with Product Management software (ideally AHA!)
- Medical/Dental/Vision – Family Coverage Available
- Safe Harbor 401(k) – 5% Employer Match
- Group Term Life Insurance – Additional Coverage Available
- 10 Paid Holidays per Year
- Sick Time & Vacation Time
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)