About the company:
Major established brand name company that is highly rated and has a good working culture and track record of success, innovation, and growth has an opportunity for a Product Engineering Manager – Electrical at their headquarters located in the lower portion of upstate NY. The company looks for people who are innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen.
About the position:
The company is looking for a Product Engineering Manager to lead our Product Electrical Engineers and Technicians. In this role you will:
- Provide technical and administrative guidance and direction for individuals and projects within the Product Engineering group.
- Manage employee performance (mentor, coach, train, and develop) through clear objective setting and timely, constructive, and candid performance management.
- Establish and lead engineering projects with cross-functional teams to meet business objectives.
- Act as technical Project Manager for major programs or significant portions thereof.
- Provide technical guidance and support for Product Engineering and other groups as required. Ensure sound application of scientific and engineering principles.
- Establish schedules for the group’s activities, monitor to ensure schedules are met, and drive projects to completion.
- Participate in the development and implementation of corporate and division vision.
- Provide input to department manager on strategic direction for Product Engineering activities.
- Establish and achieve annual goals and objectives for the group in support of Company vision and overall PE departmental goals.
- Develop workforce planning and utilization requirements.
- Coordinate activities between the multiple engineering groups and other groups as appropriate to accomplish objectives.
- Resolve or assist employees in solving work-related problem.
- Travel to customers, supplier, other divisions, and technical conferences are required.
- Develop and effectively manage budgets and corporate resources.
- Effectively create and conduct presentations to all levels of the organization. Works with direct reports to coach and develop their presentation skills.
- Partner with other TMHG teams, dealers, and customers to effectively define and execute engineering and project activities.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to department and Company processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or other applicable engineering field.
- 5+ years of experience in electrical, electronic, or product engineering design.
- Ability to problem solve in a timely fashion using proven methods and TPS principles.
- Possess strong computer skills and ability to effectively create and use visual management tools such as graphs, charts, A3s, etc.
- Excellent presentation and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills to promote an environment of collaboration and trust.
It would be great if you had:
- Previous management, supervisory, or leadership experience
About the total compensation package:
Salary – Expected to be between $93,000 and $120,000 depending on the selected candidate’s background and profit sharing which has been averaging about 7% for a number of years.
Benefits – The company recognizes the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program
Position requires a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or other applicable engineering field, plus at least 5 years of experience in electrical, electronic, or product engineering design. Previous management, supervisory, or leadership experience is strongly preferred. Candidates with H1B visas will be considered as well.