We are connected to an established leading-edge manufacturer of commercial lighting products and we are seeking an experienced Product Compliance and Government Relations expert to oversee all US lighting product and packaging compliance, and to coordinate product compliance activities for our operations in US and Canada.
In this role, you will be overseeing product regulation activities for the US and Canada to ensure compliance with all state and federal laws. You will have responsibility for training of product managers and ensure with laws and regulations. You will be coordinate and represent the company’s interests to national and state government authorities and departments. This role will be the company’s representation to various industrial associations.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and internal guidelines and policies.
- Prepare and ensure implementation guidelines, policies and processes in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Maintain knowledge of existing and changing policies, regulations, guidelines and laws; inform business proactively of same.
- Develop and roll out necessary product regulation training across the organization.
- Prepare and file required government reporting requirements.
- Work with internal marketing and operations leaders to address any practices that pose a risk for our customers or the company.
- Understand internal brand policies and procedures and provide insight and for areas of improvement.
- Coordinate and represent the company’s interests at national and state government authorities, industrial associations etc.