The Process Engineer will serve as technical lead for manufacturing processes. Will oversee, coordinate, and execute plans to improve safety, quality, supply, and efficiency.
· Work with department managers and other personnel in Marion to identify opportunities to improve uptime; provide support to production operations.
· Manage the start-up of new equipment, or rework of existing equipment, to ensure production needs are met.
· Help maintain safe and clean work environment.
· Implement changes in existing manufacturing processes, equipment and facilities.
· Engineer new processes, to increase production capacity and reduce/eliminate bottlenecks.
· Analyze and review opportunities to improve production efficiencies, improve product quality and reduce operating expenses.
· Review new and existing layouts of machines and equipment to obtain optimal performance, recommend and implement changes.
· Expand and remodel production lines to improve effectiveness of processes and equipment.
· Manage vendors and contractors to ensure compliance.
· Develop written standard operating procedures and Lock Out Tag Out instructions.
· Participate in initial phases of new product rollouts to determine effective manufacturing methods and lead product production trials.
· BS degree in Engineering (Chemical, Industrial, or Mechanical preferred).
· 2 – 4 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Experience with health and safety regulations.