We are seeking a Black Belt / Performance Excellence Leader to work in partnership with leadership and employees at our Mill. This individual will lead the Performance Excellence program focusing on continuous improvement utilizing Lean-Six Sigma Tools and Methodology.
The position will require working effectively across all levels of the organization to translate sustainable process improvements into financial results. The BB/PE Leader will coach and support part-time Belts on projects, and coordinate leadership efforts to enhance the Mill’s Daily Management System.
HOW YOU IMPACT:
- Work with mill leadership in the identification and alignment of mill productivity priorities, business needs, and project opportunities.
- Lead multidisciplinary teams in process and systems improvement projects that result in significant financial impact.
- Coach and mentor multiple Yellow, Green and Black Belts per year.
- Identify Lean-Six Sigma training candidates and support local and corporate training programs.
- Work effectively with operations to translate process improvement findings into production specifications and standard work.
- Maintain project documentation within the project and daily management systems.
- Support business unit or divisional initiatives.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant industry experience with progressive growth in leadership and business.
- Demonstrated ability to execute complex projects in fast paced and dynamic environments using and teaching Lean-Six Sigma Tools and Methodology.
- Capability to coach, teach, and mentor technical and non-technical knowledge to hourly and salaried employees to drive business results.
- Strong financial acumen to create models used to support project selection and determine net project value to the P&L.
- Driven with a sense of urgency to achieve results.
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills from the shop floor to executive level.
- Skilled decision maker and systematic problem solver.
- Ability to positively influence, persuade and build teams.
- Average of 25% travel.