The Process Engineer will act as a technical lead for manufacturing processes. They will oversee, coordinate, and execute plans to improve safety, quality, supply, and efficiency. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Plant Manager with latitude for the exercise of independent judgment in fulfilling day-to-day job responsibilities.
• Work with department managers and other personnel to identify opportunities to improve uptime.
• Manage the start-up of new equipment, or rework of existing equipment, to ensure production needs are met.
• Help maintain safe and clean work environment.
• Implement changes in existing manufacturing processes to increase production capacity.
• Analyze and review opportunities to improve production efficiencies, and improve product quality.
• Participate in capital project design and execution.
• Review new and existing layouts of machines and equipment to obtain optimal performance.
• Expand and remodel production lines to improve effectiveness of processes and equipment.
• Manage vendors and contractors to ensure compliance and behavior standards.
• Develop written standard operating procedures and Lock Out Tag Out instructions.
• Participate in initial phases of new product rollouts and lead product production trials
• BS degree in Engineering.
• Two – four years of experience in a manufacturing environment.