Position Process Engineer
Direct hire, permanent full time
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Prepares engineering documents and equipment specifications to meet contracted scope of work and to ensure code compliance.
- Performs engineering calculations, mass & energy balance.
- Conducts process safety analysis, including relief valve calculations and relief system design.
- Conducts hydraulic analysis of complex systems.
- Develops control schematics for integrated processes.
- Develops PFD’s and P&ID’s.
- Manages the integration of complex vendor processes into overall plant design.
- Develops estimates for assigned scope of work, and is accountable for ensuring we stay within scope.
- Assures that assigned work complies with quality requirements and performs quality review of others work.
- May serve as project manager for complete multi-discipline projects, when assigned.
- Provides work direction to other team members, including contractors and subcontractors, as assigned.
- Provides technical and engineering support to other departments/disciplines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role in agri-business projects, plant operations and/or manufacturing facilities.
Experience with design and/or operation of fermentation based chemical processes is strongly preferred.
Ability to interact with Project Managers, Engineers and Designers.
Proficient in ChemCAD- or similar process simulation software
Proficient in AFT Fathom, AFT Arrow- systems hydraulic software
Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering is required, plus a minimum of 5 years working experience.