The Company: Film manufacturer that is continually innovating new products.
Summary: Opportunity to work for a global leader in the design, development and manufacturer of new sustainable films. Provide technical and operational support to the manufacturing process to ensure continual improvements in process capability, quality and productivity.
Working in a team based environment, the position will also be responsible for supporting knowledge and skill development of the operation personnel, coordinating significant downtime events and process upgrades, capital plans, safety improvements, new process development and product commercialization.
Location: Mid- Size City in the Southeast – Relocation Assistance Available
- Provide technical and daily operational support to the Films Manufacturing process.
- Monitor daily details of line performance and overall capability – product yields, quality, etc.
- Trend analysis of key performance metrics to identify medium and long-term improvement opportunities.
- Provide daily technical troubleshooting support and continual, strategic improvements projects.
- Process SOC development and optimization for new and existing products.
- Support new process and product development trials.
- Provide assistance to other team members to resolve issues and realize improvement.
- Work toward developing knowledge as the process expert for the film line.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a process engineer preferably with a flexible substrate; such as, film paper, non-wovens, flexible packaging, coating, labels, printing, etc.
- Knowledge of Polymers, Resins, Additives and Recycling.
- On-call availability to support production needs to a 24/7 operation.
- Efficient at data analysis and statistical approach to problem-solving.
- Lean Six Sigma experience a plus.
- Good communication skills and technical writing skills.
- Desire to build a career with an industry Leader
Education: Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineer, or similar technical degree.