Location: Charleston, SC
A North American Leader in their manufacturing niche is in search of an experienced Process Engineer with an established background in process improvement to work in our manufacturing plant. You will assist in the development of team capability (technical, business, and interpersonal) through training, coaching and ensuring the continuous flow of information. Strong organizational and communication skills will be essential to ensure company standards are achieved safely.
· Drive and manage Safety throughout the plant.
· Ensure company engineering standards are achieved.
· Act as a process expert and catalyst for continuous improvement.
· Propose, sponsor and lead projects that will improve product performance, reduce costs, improve yields, or reduce cycle time using Lean and Six Sigma tools.
· Help develop teams to 1) get results, 2) exhibit teamwork, 3) demonstrate self-sufficiency, 4) communicate effectively.
· Ensures that team members have all resources and information necessary for self-sufficiency.
· Uses statistical analysis methods to effectively analyze process concerns and performance gaps.
· Ensures that Control Plans are being utilized effectively to create process stability and control.
· Monitors process performance to ensure that stated objectives are being met in terms of safety, first pass quality and productivity.
· Provides leadership and support in TPM activities such as: collection of data through PMs, participating in maintenance planning, and continuously improving the maintenance planning and execution process.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Materials, or Industrial Engineering degrees preferred.
· 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
· Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management.
· Ability to interface with the organization, customers, and suppliers acting as a coach and trainer.
· Ability to lead cross functional teams while driving continual improvement in safety, quality, and productivity.
· Ability to create or revise process documents such as Control Plans, FMEA’s, JSA’s and Standard Work job instructions.
· Proficient in MS Office products. Experience with Minitab is beneficial, but not required.
· Familiar with TPM principals. Maintenance experience a plus.
· Demonstrated commitment to zero incident safety culture, teammate engagement, active teamwork, continuous improvement while practicing JW’s Target Behaviors.
· Ability to travel as required.