Global Tier 1 automotive supplier(formed plastics/injection molding) seeks Process Engineer for 2nd shift.
Process Engineer –
My client prefers autmotive industry experience but that is not manadatory. The would review candidates that have experience in manufacturing in general, and doesn’t have to be automotive. Especially if their experience is similar to injection molding.
- Responsible for the daily process operations. Majority of the work day is spent on the production floor.
- Equipment selection and optimization.
- Liaison with maintenance to solve process equipment problems.
- Liaison with production to address production concerns.
- Plan and execute process improvement experiments.
- Optimize raw material usage and minimize waste.
- Participate in health & safety programs, 5S activities, and quality audit process.
- Write and update SOPS, SOTS, procedures, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering; 2 or 4 year degree is acceptable
- One to two years experience in an engineering role.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Good verbal and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of SPC and automotive quality standards, statistical experiments, ladder logic, metering pumps, drives, sensors and transducers, control theory, hydraulics, pneumatic are assets.
- Knowledge of EPP foam processing or injection molding processing (using Kurtz or Teubert equipment) preferred
- Mechanical aptitude and desire to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Required to work various shifts.
- Computer skills, such as AutoCAD, Windows, spreadsheets, databases and word processing software
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, 5S, and Kaizen is a plus.