Large employee-owned (ESOP) engineering firm with over 15 office locations and a Controls and Automation division. They need a Sr. Process Controls Engineer with Pulp + Paper experience as well as Honeywell Experion DCS design and implementation. This role leads project teams concentrating specifically within the Pulp and Paper sector.
Position can be located in Mobile, AL, Birmingham, AL, or Atlanta, GA.
Reasons to work here:
- Employee-owned company!
- Get paid OT for every billable hour over 40!
- Successfully in business for over 25 years and growing!
- Lots of room for growth!
- Hybrid work from home/office!
- Full benefits and 401k!
- Producing estimate-level designs and material take-offs suitable for the level of the estimate being performed on a project.
- Producing detailed design calculations and sketches for equipment associated with the project. Calculations produced will be expertly prepared and organized for efficient checking by others and efficient use by drafters/designers for preparing drawings and as deliverables when required.
- Producing estimate level preliminary designs and equipment lists suitable for the level of the estimate being performed
- Configure and develop Honeywell Experion system applications per project specifications.
- Develop Honeywell Experion programming that will allow plant operations to control process manufacturing equipment
- Work in a team environment with engineers and specialists from the company and our clients
- Lead multiple controls + automation project teams simultaneously, with a focus on project execution, quality, budget, and schedule
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to plan and execute all tasks safely and with a high level of professional integrity
- Strong teamwork skills
- Commitment to delivering superior quality work products with innovative solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with familiarity in developing technical reports and documents with high attention to detail
- Willingness to accept new opportunities for growth and development
- Computer programming and debugging skills with specific emphasis on Function Block Diagrams (FBD) and Sequential Control Modules (SCM)
- Extensive knowledge of Honeywell Experion networking, system architectural requirements, design, and configuration
- Extensive knowledge of Honeywell Experion platform, including both virtualized and physical environments
- Ability to build/install and configure Honeywell Experion control system including servers, flex stations, console stations, Control Builder, and HMI Web Display Builder.
- BS Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology (Significant experience can replace degree requirement)
- 10+ years of developing and implementing Honeywell Experion including networking, HMIWeb graphics, control modules, sequential control modules, serial interfaces, and various bus IO
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 30% to a variety of industrial locations
- 15+ years of developing and implementing Honeywell Experion including networking, HMIWeb graphics, control modules, sequential control modules, serial interfaces, and various bus IO
- Pulp and Paper process knowledge including recovery boilers, evaporators, lime kilns, continuous and batch digesters, brown stock washers, bleach plants, and paper machines