This is a well-established, 40-year-old science and manufacturing company that is a significant player in the Agriculture industry. This role will be part of their Central Engineering team which supports facilities throughout the United States. This may be a $3B company, but they retain a very entrepreneurial spirit. It is privately-held and has been growing in leaps and bounds over the past 10-15 years.
What You Will Be Doing:
Currently, this company is in the process of automating all of their facilities. This person will be designing control scheme, working with contractors and vendors for installation, overseeing start-up, programming controls and training operators and plant staff on how to use the systems. Travel for this role will average about 25% and at times, will be higher during start-ups. This is a highly visible role, reporting directly to the Director of Engineering and working with plant leadership folks at each of the facilities. This person will have a clear path to managing a team of folks in the near term as this project advances – the timetable for that transition into leadership could be as quick as 3-6 months after starting.
- B.S. degree in Chemical Engineering or Electrical Engineering preferred, will consider someone with no degree with commensurate experience
- 5+ years of previous process control experience, out of manufacturing (chemicals, foods, widgets, etc.)
- Must have experience with programming/writing code on PLC systems, ideally Allen Bradley systems
- Should have process control design experience
- A big plus would be previous instrumentation experience
- Willingness to travel as needed (average 25%)
Base salary in the $100,000-$120,000/yr. range (depending on level of experience). 6% 401K match, relocation assistance is available. Full benefits (medical, dental, etc).