CAREER OPPORTUNITY (JOB SUMMARY):
Maintains the control system infrastructure, Designs or assists with the design of process control logic and may coordinate system implementation. Performs analysis of hardware and software used in production process.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT:
- Responsible in providing design, implementation, and support for existing and new Process Control systems. This includes Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s), as well as custom control applications used to meet manufacturing needs and production goals.
- Responsible for system backups, network troubleshooting, and computer hardware maintenance.
- Required to communicate and work with various operational, environmental, maintenance and engineering levels in a team environment yet be self-motivated and accomplish individual goals.
- Ability to communicate in both oral and written form. Must have the skills necessary to perform project scope definitions and manage a wide variety of technical projects. Must be willing to be on-call to support production needs.
- Develop and execute migration plans for legacy controls platforms.
- Ability to evaluate processes and equipment operation; plan and manage process improvement projects.
- Ability to read and understand P&ID’s loop sheets, and electrical drawings
- EE adheres to all mill safety rules, participates in or may lead safety programs and meetings with the goal of improving safety at the mill. Supports the mill safety program by doing the following:
- Demonstrates active caring for co-workers
- Learns all job related Safe Operating Procedures
- Performs duties/tasks in a safe manner
- Encourages safe work habits of co-workers
- Maintains a clean & orderly workplace
- Inspects tools/work area
- Participates in safety meetings and Safety Training
- Reports all near misses and unsafe conditions
- Suggest methods for improving the process
- Reports all injuries immediately
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- B.S. Degree in Chemical or Electrical Engineering is preferred, other engineering or computer science degree acceptable with adequate DCS/PLC and HMI application experience. Other technical degrees and /or certificates may be acceptable, depending on skills, knowledge, and experience.
- Minimum of two years of industrial experience (with degree), or 10 years plus of industrial experience in PLC and HMI applications would be required if non-degreed.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage change
- Conflict Resolution
- Proficient computer skills
- Excellent communications (written / verbal)
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.